If there were any season that is "a perfect time to kill" it would be Grilling season! What's more perfect then the aroma of a succulent, well seasoned, give you that dirty feeling, that guilty feeling that something this good should be illegal, fine cut of meat. Block out any other thoughts you have for just one moment and focus on this picture I paint if you will; Your grill is prepped, charcoal is lit, you take your meat that has been marinated overnight out of the fridge, slap it on grill like a pair of hot cakes, and listen to the sound of serenity, that sizzle. Your neighbors are looking over the fence only to ask "What is that on your grill it smells so good?" With deep pride, and in your wise guy voice you respond "If I tell you, I'd have to kill you."hungry yet?
Here's a recipe that's been with my family for years! One of the few dishes that Mama Wok knows how to cook, as sad as it sounds Mama Wok doesn't know how to cook elaborate dishes,she really doesn't! Our curry lime chicken is almost indescribable other then delicious., so good it'll make a vegan want to take a bite out of your breast,chicken breast that is. However, when you think of lime, you may think sour but this is far from sour, the lime just gives it that aroma, that zing in each bite.
- 6 pieces of chicken or preferably chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 lime
- 3 cloves of garlic (please dice,mince)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon and an extra pinch of salt
- Generous amount of Curry powder (This adds color)
- Half of jalapeno sliced the long way
- 1/2 tea spoon of msg (not too much)
- Wash your chicken, I used chicken thigh because it doesn't dry out as easily as the breast
- Cut 2 slits into your chicken just to ensure that it is cooked all the way through
- Add off the above ingredients, squeeze your lime,add your garlic,sugar,salt,msg
- Here comes' the pain!!You should always wear gloves when you do this, with your hands, toss the chicken around adding a light squeeze to each thigh/breast.
- Allow the chicken to marinate 24hrs in your fridge for best results
- Grilling time!
Serve w/rice, french fries, an over easy egg, this dish goes well with just about anything.